Sunday, June 10, 2007

So, How Was Your Weekend?

Elder Michael Teh, Bob, President Tipps, Pres. Newsome, Elder Tingey
We didn't know any of these men, except Gary Newsome, until yesterday. Interesting how fast you can make friends in the Church.

President Johnson 1st counselor, President Tipps, President Newsome 2nd counselor
(These men will be seeing a lot of each other over the next 10 years)

So...how was your weekend? I'm sure many of you will return to work tomorrow and be asked this question. Perhaps you may be the one to inquire. Whatever the case may be, you can ususally rely on a typical response such as "it was too short", or "it was a pretty good one". I'm wondering how Bob will respond tomorrow to such an inquiry (since none of his co-workers belong to the Church). He is sure to get little or no response from an answer like, "I was called to serve in the newly formed Nashville stake presidency". The explanation may take more energy than he will have left by tomorrow morning, so I think he'll stick with the typical response. Now we just need to hope they don't ask how he's sleeping at night. His response may be similar to that spoken of by Elder Tingey today where he told of a newly called stake president being asked how he slept the night before being sustained and his response was "I slept like a baby....I woke up every hour crying!"

8 comments:

Crowther said...

Congratulations Bob.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Dad! I wish we could have been there...maybe they should give you more advance notice next time...just kidding! Love you!

Kimberly said...

Robyn and I joked about how we think the church should use their private jets to travel family back and forth to witness events such as this. Wouldn't that be a great way to spend our tithing money? Anyway, we missed seeing you this weekend and wish we could have been there. Sounds like a heck of a weekend! We love you!

Weston & Jennie said...

Wow, Congrats!! (I think?) Just kidding. What is this, go around #2? Wasn't Bob in the stake presidency in California before you moved? I am sure that he will do a great job. Take care.

Christie said...

Wow! They are really lucky to have you. Didn't let the dust collect on your shoulders for long, did they? Congrats. You will be a wonderful blessing for your stake.

Grandma Hand said...

Well, congratulations Bob and Diane. I knew that you moved so far away to get a new calling. I can just imagine how overwhelmed you were and I agree with Kimberly that there should be a private jet to get family to these events I also agree that would be a wonderful way to spend our tithing moneys. I thought about calling the Huntsman family for the jet to fly our family. Just know how much we love you and support you. You will get to know Nashville pretty well. Just know that if there had been a way to get there I would have been there.

Diane said...

Yes, this is round two. I guess you can run, but you can't hide! We are excited for this opportunity (nervous, but excited). It was very different when he was sustained and most of the people in the congregation had a look of "who the heck is that?". Of course, since it is an entirely new stake...many people didn't know who any of them were.

Vivian Love said...

Congratulations Presidente! I knew you'd always have that title...even way out there in TN. California misses you!