Friday, July 17, 2009

Anne's Shower


I thought I'd better get these pictures posted before Anne and Michael are married and have four children!


Anne's shower was so much fun! It was on Saturday May 30. We had it in Penni's beautiful backyard (thanks Pen). The day was beautiful too. As it turns out, it was a good thing we started at 11:30 a.m. because it rained....I mean really rained....later that afternoon.



We could not have asked for more. We had good food....



Lots of support from family and friends....




VERY generous gifts....


And a happy and excited couple!



Thanks to everyone for helping make this such a special day! Both Kimberly and Robyn's mothers in law helped out. We really couldn't have done it without them! Thanks Helen and Cathy! I tell my girls all the time that they really hit the jackpot in the mother in law department. I should take lessons!


It was so much fun seeing everyone there. We know Michael is marrying an amazing young woman, and are so excited to have her join our family. We're a little crazy, but somehow we think Anne is going to fit in just fine!

August 8th is the day!! We can't wait to see ya'll there!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The food was soooooo good, but so sad that we had to eat it since it looked so pretty! I'd almost completely forgotten about the shower...I'm glad you got it posted!

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

This brought memories of a very happy day!! It was so great being there and being with so many loved ones and meeting Anne's mother and relatives. We are looking forward to the wedding and the activities.

Kelly and Megan said...

Looks like a great party! And that food looks delicious! So sad I missed out. How exciting to have a new member of the family! Best wishes for a fantastic wedding in a few weeks!

Tina said...

It was awesome seeing you too! I'm excited to be getting together next week...Becky will even be here! YIPEE!!!

Grandma Hand said...

Yes we are a really CRAZY FAMILY and we are thrilled to have Anne to add to the mix. The shower was wonderful.

Michael said...

I haven't checked blogs for so long that I didn't even know you had TWO NEW POSTS.

Marla said...

o.k...I remember when Michael was like...10...and now he is getting married??? Whoa! Where has the time gone? Congrats!

Marla said...

o.k...I remember when Michael was like...10...and now he is getting married??? Whoa! Where has the time gone? Congrats!

Deanie said...

It was so fun to see you guys and meet the newest member of your family. Does she really know what she is getting in to?? No really she is very lucky to be a part of this special Johnson family we have had the privilage of knowing all these years!!

Becky Glover said...

Looks like fun! Sad I missed it...I miss alot it makes me frustrated but then again when everyone is rushing to this birthday party and that holiday event I'm sitting here enjoying my life without a lot of demands. Not sure I could take the stress of living too close to family. So no complaints yet:) Can't wait to see you guys at the dinner and reception...what a cute family!